First Baptist Church of Vidalia is located in Vidalia, LA. A town of approximately 4,000 people located on the Mississippi River right across the bridge from historic Natchez, MS.
Our attendance averages 180 for Sunday School and 280 for Sunday morning worship service. We are financially sound with no outstanding debts.
The Ministry team consists of:
Associate Pastor of Music and Worship
Associate Pastor of Youth
Director of Children's Ministry
The Senior Pastor is responsible for proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ, teaching Biblical revelation, and providing leadership in all areas of church life, seeking to support the church's mission.
- The Sr. Pastor is the leader of the church staff.
- Provide leadership in the planning of worship services.
- Prepare and deliver sermons.
- Lead in observance of ordinances.
- Minister to church members thru crisis contacts, counseling and visits in coordination with the Deacon Body.
- Promote a regular outreach ministry in cooperation with the church's overall plan.
- Conduct pre-marital counseling sessions; perform weddings and conduct funerals as requested.
- Approve all guest speakers for doctrinal soundness, including weddings and funerals.
- Give guidance and encouragement to the deacon body.
- Give general direction to the church financial team in budget preparation. Lead the church in all necessary stewardship promotions.
- Serve as moderator of church business meetings.
- Cooperate with associational, state and denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern; keep the church informed of denominational developments.
- Lead and/or represent the church in civic matters.
- Provide spiritual leadership and support for church staff and lay leaders in the church
Position is for full-time
Provide leadership and mentoring to our ministry team.
Experience in a past position where you lead others and mentored them.
To apply for this position, please use our form listed here:
SENIOR PASTOR APPLICATION
After completing the form, you will receive an email with instructions to send your resume.